Generator Rentals CAN Be A Good Option
Renting a portable generator may be the best solution in some situations.
I guess it all depends on what you need as far as alternative power and how long you need it for.
One great thing about renting a generator before buying one is that you can test a couple different ones before you make the investment into the one you want to purchase.
Need Temporary Power?
Another reason for renting a generator, would be if you are renting an office somewhere and the power goes down for a day or so, or you have a business that needs to stay running if your town loses power for a few hours.
Generator rentals can keep your business up and running for less than the cost of having to buy a power source, if it is only for a few days.
It’s also a great idea for on the job power if you want to do a small construction job. Like building that cabin in the woods for your getaway! 🙂 Course, most folks that are looking at a power supply for their preparedness plan will want to either build a generator or buy one so that it is available when the need arises.
Here is a unique new solar generator that has become very popular for ALL outdoor events.
But for things like outdoor parties or special events having a place where you can rent a generator can come in handy.
Renting Generators for Emergency Use
If you are banking on renting a portable generator for emergency situations, bear in mind that they can get almost extinct as soon as there is a crisis.
A couple things to do in advance when looking at possibly renting a power unit.
- Find a good generator rental in your area and set up a plan with them.
- Make sure they will come in, set up your unit and also come pick it up when you are done with it.
- Figure out what you need as far as how big of a unit, etc, and if you don’t know that info, they should be able to help you figure it out.
- Diesel generators come in all sizes and units and some of the companies like Marson Energy offers both diesel and natural gas generators.
- If you live in a crowded neighborhood, you will want to look for something that runs a little quieter so put that on your list as there is quite a difference in sound of the various generator rental units.
Other Generator Resources :
Wind Generated Power Units
DIY Solar Panels