Choose From The Best
Gerber knives are no doubt some of the best survival knives out there and the Gerber LMF ll Survival Knife is one of our best selling knives to date.
Because of it’s rugged versatility, this knife has many uses, and with survival in mind it is no wonder it is chosen as the best knife to stick in the bug out pack.
Weighing less than 12 ounces and with an overall length of just under 11 inches, it was first designed for the military but is equally as popular as an emergency or survival knife today.
A Few Test Results of the Gerber LMF ll
Here are just a sprinkling of tests that have been done with this particular knife:
- Slicing food… it easily peeled and sliced an apple.
- Plexiglass… one solid blow broke a quarter inch sheet of plexiglass.
- Chopping… because of the short blade ( under 5″), chopping is not a strong point. Better to get a survival hatchet to chop your firewood with.
- Drilling… the knife tip is very sharp and durable. Will easily drill a hole thru a piece of leather or even a 2×4 if you spend a bit of time!
- Another note on Chopping with the Gerber survival knife… you CAN actually shop with it, by using a hammer.
The blade and handle are both sturdy enough to withstand heavy blows of a mallet. Although I don’t know why you would want to make a habit of doing so, you can use the knife along with a 3 lb mallet to crack open a piece of wood or even a concrete block.
Eventually ANY knife will break under this kind of use. Just common sense.