Survival Food List to Get You Started…
Stockpiling Food is a Very Satisfying Feeling
So many people get too intimidated by the thought of stockpiling food for a global crisis, or for ANY emergencies, and they never get started!
Hurricanes, tornadoes or floods can happen overnight, so having even a few months supply stocked up can be a great comfort…I like to have it on hand for things such as income loss or to be able to help someone less fortunate.
Our goal here is to make stocking up food simple and less overwhelming.
It IS really quite simple to get a grocery storage started. Just find a place to start, set aside a room or just a few shelves and you will be amazed at how quickly things add up.
The list below is a general list…. just enough to get you started. You can add to it as you go along or change it to fit your own needs.
Okay – Here’s Your Grocery List =)
To learn more about STORING your foods so they are safe and edible when the time comes to dive into it, visit our page here on ==>>safe food storage.
Simply scratch whatever you don’t want to stockpile from this survival food list or things that you will never use and add other items at the bottom that you KNOW you will use.
Print out a sheet and then cross off items as you get them added to your list… You can also use a food calculator This one is designed for preparedness and will help calculate how much you need to store of each item, per how many people you have.
- Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Corn meal
- Corn starch
- Vanilla extract
- Cooking oil (canola, olive, etc.)
- Powdered milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate chips
- White vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Powdered Milk
Lunch and Dinner..
- Canned meats (tuna, samon, chicken, etc.)
- Broth: (chicken, beef, etc.)
- Dried pasta
- Peanut butter
- Jelly or jam
- Tomato-based products (sauce, paste, stewed, crushed, etc.)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Dried fruits and vegetables
- Salad dressing
- Barbeque sauce
- Powdered Drink Mixes
- Protein Drink Mix
- Soap (bar and liquid)
- Hair products (gel, mousee, hair spray)
- Shaving cream or shaving soap
- Aftershave Feminine products
- OTC meds (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.)
- Prescription meds
- Laundry detergent
- Dish liquid
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
- Freezer bags
- Sandwich bags
- Plastic wrap
- Wax paper
- Light bulbs
- Candles MatchesThis is only a partial list. It is a good idea to have things on hand such as bug out bags, survival kits such as first aid kits, vehicle kits, etc.
Here is a short partial list of some of the prepper topics, we have covered on our website for easy reference…you really do need more than just a food list! :)
- How to Prepare Your Home
- How to Store Your Groceries
- Water…Water for survival is a HUGE thing to prepare for.
- Gardening… one of my favorite topics to write about! (Gardening is a GREAT, inexpensive way to add to that survivalist food list).
- Seeds… It’s time to stock up on gardening seeds…do you know whether to get heirloom or hybrid or what’s even the difference?!
- Bug Out Bags… Make your own bug out bags!
- Bunkers… you have got to check out these unique bomb shelters.
- Free Hot Water…heating your water with solar can make a HUGE difference in your electric bill!
- Wilderness and Camping..does it intimidate you?
- Homemade Remedies… and natural cures are a MUST for emergency preparation!
- Martial Law… it CAN happen , even in America!
- Firearms… what kind of protection do you need?
- Building Fires.. how to build a fire in the woods.
- 2012?.. a fascinating topic ALL it’s own!
- And here is our blog with still more More Prepper Topics…and articles!